“Toucan Sam” is part of my ongoing Feather Collection (2018).
My inspiration for the collection started with my love for animals and the four seasons we get to enjoy here in Canada. I found I was able to paint birds with a "mood" that reflected each season. Toucan Sam was painted in mid-2020 while I was enjoying the sun and all the beautiful colours that come in summer! My signature style produces artwork with a thick and meaningful texture that pops off the canvas.
Year painted: 2020
The heavy-duty canvas is made with archival-quality natural cotton, designed for use with acrylic and oil paints, and the frame is professionally constructed, with medium-weight cotton duck stretched around 1 1/2" profile kiln-dried stretcher bars and held in place with a flexible spline.
- Ready to hang with D-ring hooks and heavy-duty picture hanging wire attached.
- 1.5" (3.8 cm) depth
- Cotton duck
- Archival and acid-free
- Brush and pallet knife used to apply the acrylic paint.
- Frames are not included with your purchase.
- All sales are final.
- If you choose to frame this painting, I’d suggest you visit a local framing store for advice on the best style and material choice.
- The sides are painted blue.